For more of this essay, see "Post-Financial Crisis Spiritual Reading" at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
On November 18, the 2013 Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award was awarded to Brad Stone for The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon.
See my Attraverso review of The Everything Store here.
And you can find below links to my reviews of the five other finalists:
- Neil Irwin, The Alchemists
- Iain Martin, Making It Happen: Fred Goodwin, RBS and the Men Who Blew Up the British Economy
- Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier, Big Data
- Anita Raghavan, The Billionaire’s Apprentice: The Rise of the Indian-American Elite and the Fall of the Galleon Hedge Fund
- Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead